SATIRE: Doc Oc’s biggest fanclub

courtesy of instagram

A flattering fanart of Dr. Brett O’Connor

Figures of power, like middle-aged suburban high school principals, are often given feedback from both sides of the spectrum. Some idolize and some despise. For the life of me, I can not seem to decide which side our principal Dr. Brett O’Connor lies on.

Unknowingly or not, Doc Oc has become an ultimate sensation at our school. I commonly see loving fanarts and photoshop edits created of him posted all over social media. I am very glad our school is so patriotic. Just the other day I was peacefully sitting in my English class when I was flashed with a picture of Doc Oc posing with a leg up on a ledge with one arm on his hips and the other hand wielding a wet mask. Very majestic! Everyone crowded around to look at the picture of our principal out in the wild. Many remarked with quotes of disgust. Others with admiration, of this man chased by paparazzi. As confusing and mixed as the responses were, one thing was unwavering: Doc Oc’s fame was steadily growing.

After several laborious months of meticulously researching this topic and following dead end conspiracy theories (alien interference and student brain control), I was on the verge of giving up. But eventually, the ripped up pieces of a Doc Oc fan art magically came together and I finally found the true answer to our principal’s ultimate fame: Dr. Brett O’Connor is living a double life.

The reason for his popularity is because he is behind it. By day, he is a principal at our high school; by night, he is a clout chaser that dreams of becoming TikTok famous. I mean I really do not know how we have not figured it out yet. Why do students get called to his office? It is not for discipline, rather he needs pawns to like all his TikToks and carry out his schemes. The Photoshop edits of him with his head pasted onto the Marvel Doc Ock are obviously coming from him. He can only aspire to be someone like Doc Ock from the MCU.

What really happened is while our principal was creating his stash of edits, one of them must have accidentally gained traction. From then on, fame got to his head. He felt the insatiable need to surpass Charli D’Amelio in followers, and his jealousy of Jojo Siwa only urged him on. The views started to matter and so did the likes. Sadly, this is how the situation has spiraled into brainwashing CHS students to build his fanbase. Just by creating memes and edits of our principal, his popularity is only boosted by the activity. Whether it’s something negative or something
positive, it is all contributing to the buzz that is Doc Oc.

So to answer my own question, Dr. Brett O’Connor does not lie on only one side of the spectrum. He IS the spectrum. He is on the negative and the positive and we should be ashamed we didn’t catch it before. Because in the end, it was part of his plan all along.