The student news site of Claremont High School

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

Grant Walsh touches down in Pomona-Pitzer

photo+courtesy+of+Grant+Walsh+
photo courtesy of Grant Walsh

As the school year draws to a close and seniors begin planning their steps, one senior has particularly stood out, especially on the football field: Grant Walsh. A current football star for the Claremont High School team, Walsh will continue his athletic career for the Pomona-Pitzer Sagehens in the upcoming school year. 

Grant Walsh attributes a big part of his growth to his father, who has always pushed him to be great both academically and athletically. Growing up surrounded by sports, Walsh found inspiration in his father’s role as a coach. The players his father coached served as role models, something he never takes for granted. 

“Since I was a kid my dad has always been pushing me to be the best student-athlete that I could be,” Senior Grant Walsh said. 

Walsh’s dedication in the classroom during high school opened several opportunities, and he ultimately committed to Pomona. He chose Pomona for its culture, which emphasizes hard work and brotherhood, both values that he embraces. He is confident that the coaching staff will genuinely care for his development on and off the field. At Pomona, Walsh is looking forward to growing as a football player and as an individual. He hopes to have a successful career as a Sagehen and contribute to many touchdowns, victories, and maybe even a playoff run.

Reflecting on his time with Claremont Football, Walsh fondly remembers the bonding moments with his teammates. Being part of a League Champion team and a CIF semifinalist team are among his proudest achievements. 

“All the long hours in the weight room, early 7-on-7 tournaments, two-a-days, and countless gassers were worth it for the shared victories on Friday nights,” Walsh said.

A standout memory for Walsh is the thrilling win against Colony during his sophomore year, which remains one of his favorite games.

Despite his many great accomplishments on the field, Walsh stays humble through it all. 

“I want to shout out to my sister Camilla Walsh, and my mother for always supporting me in what I decide to do.”

As Walsh anticipates a successful new chapter ahead, his impact on others – and the football team – will sorely be missed; but certainly not forgotten.

Donate to The Wolfpacket
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Hello there! Our goal is to provide relavent, engaging journalism for readers of all ages. Your donation will support the student journalists of the Wolfpacket at Claremont High School, and will allow us to purchase equipment, print our monthly issues, and enter in journalism competitions. We appreciate your consideration!