Firefighter: Andres Jimenez

photo courtesy of Andres Jimenez

Fresh out of high school, the first thing many students think about is pursuing their interests. Likewise, Andres Jimenez has decided to pursue his passion for being a wildland firefighter. Jimenez says that the one thing he has strived for in his life was to find the right passion, and he has found his passion in saving lives through firefighting.

During Jimenez’s time at Claremont High School, Andres played cornerback for the Varsity Football team and was on the Varsity Wrestling team, where he has made very fond memories with his friends. Hanging out with his friends is one of Jimenez’s favorite memories at CHS.

“I always enjoy hanging out with my friends, and whether it’s during passing periods or in the middle of class, they always give me a good laugh,” Jimenez said.

One of his most memorable moments during high school was when he and his friends drove to the beach for a weekend and watched the sunset while swimming in the ocean. Jimenez will greatly miss his friends as he leaves high school, and will always have a special place in his heart. 

In the future, Jimenez hopes that his firefighting journey will take him to wonderful places in his life. He is looking forward to living his dream job, as he has always dreamed of becoming a firefighter. This job has been a vision that Jimenez has had in his mind since the 3rd grade, and he looks forward to living it as a reality in the future. He hopes to start start basic training immediately after high school. 

No matter where life takes him, Jimenez is confident that he will always make the best of it. Jimenez’s future looks bright as he is fulfilling his passion day by day after high school; one fire – and saved life – at a time.

$50
$500