Prom Court: Jagger Hill

Photo courtesy of Jagger Hill

Lighting up every room he enters, the vivacious and jubilant Jagger Hill has found himself as one of the 13 members on Prom Court this year.
Like all students at the Prom Rally on Wednesday, April 24, Hill had no idea he had been nominated.
“During the rally when they first said that this student is in Concert Choir and in Chambers I was like wait could it be me?” Hill said. “And then I saw a little white boy, and I was like, omg it’s me!”
Nevertheless Hill is thrilled for the opportunity to be on the court.
“It would mean a lot to win,” Hill said. “But it’s just an honor to be on the court and to see everyone excited to be on court and just to be part of the experience is fun.”
Aside from decorating the court with his radiance, Hill is an active choral singer, spreading his light across the concert stage, magnifying the brilliance of his fellow choral singers both on and off stage. Choir has been a keystone facet to Hill’s high school experience as a space where he has been able to build a community of people who enjoy the same things that he does: singing together as a group and coming together to make music.
Choir has allowed Hill to develop lasting friendships, for which he would like to give a massive shout-out to Aaralyn and Elliot for being his biggest supporters this year.
“Everytime I’m like I want to do this,” Hill said, “they are the first to be like “yeah you should” even if it’s just a joke.”
Outside of school, Hill is passionate about cosplay and being able to bring his most cherished characters to life. His favorite (and most recent) character to cosplay is Frankie Stein from the Monster High franchise, though Hill has developed costumes for Gorou of Genshin Impact to Kieran Valentine also of Monster High.
Cosplay is just one manifestation of Hill’s true life goal: character design. Ever since he was a young kid, Hill has been obsessed with all forms of media and his biggest dream is to get into character design or voice acting as a way to make someone else’s childhood the way that others have made his.
In the interim, Hill will be studying cosmetology at Citrus next year as a way to further his skills in the construction and upkeep of his costumes.
Ultimately, Hill wants to be remembered as a cool, friendly guy and be a person others can come to when they have something to talk about. Before he leaves, Hill has this advice for freshmen:
“Don’t Skip Class and do your work, because freshman year I did not do a lot of my work which caused bad grades, and if I had just done the work, I would be in a much better place.”

$50
$500