A Mythical Endeavor: Princess Paris Pearson and Prince Phil Donnelly

Princess Paris Pearson

Volleyball sensation Paris Pearson has been diving on the court and into our hearts. Unsurprisingly,she was voted as one of the homecoming
princesses this year. Pearson herself was not expecting to be elected as princess.
“I was actually super surprised that I got to be a part of this event,” Pearson said. “I’m super excited and happy butquite nervous at the same time.”
Pearson’s favorite subjects are history and English. She enjoys learning about the world’s past along with improving her reading andwriting skills. In addition to being an attentive student, Pearson is a sports enthusiast. She has played soccer during her freshman year and played volleyball for all four years.Time management is one of the greatest skills that Pearson has acquired through her involvement in high school sports. She feels this skill has enhanced her ability to manage all aspects of her life as a student-athlete. The highlight of her sports career at CHS washer volleyball team making it to the state championship last year.
“Making it to state is something that takes a lot of time and hard work to get into,” Pearson said. “Being able to compete at that high ofa level and to be with all your close friends is something that is very fun and special.”
Pearson has a favorite quote by which she lives, “Grow through what you go through.” She explained that this quote is very special to her because she’s gone through many difficult experiences in her life, and this saying has reminded her of the good and the bad situations, which have helped her grow.Pearson strives to emulate her grandmother, her greatest role model.
She admires her grandmother’s honesty and her affection towards others. From a young age she has spent much of her time with her grandmother, playing together and watching movies.
“She has definitely made me the person I am today, and I still live by her morals and values,“ Pearson said. Pearson has many wise words for CHS underclassmen. She advises them to make sure they appreciate their high school experiences and to not forget to have fun during high school. She would also like to thank her friends and family who have been there for her throughout
her entire life’s journey.

Prince Phil Donnelly

Backflips, track and field, and screaming his lungs out at every football game: one might recognize Phil Donnelly as a Claremont Crazy, but he is really much more than that. Donnelly is a young man of many talents. Their goals were achieved after both finding out they had made homecoming court; this is something they had been dreaming of. Besides homecoming court, Donnelly excels in sports and academics.
Athletically, Donnelly is all over the place; he is a very energetic individual. Some of his favorite activities include soccer, track and field, and rock climbing. During the Winter sports season, Donnelly has been captain of the CHS frosh and JV soccer team. During Spring, Donnelly unleashes his amazing hurdling skills in the 110m hurdles and the 300m hurdles. Whenever Donnelly has any spare time, he loves to go rock climbing. He feels as if it is the perfect thing to do when he has time over the weekend.
“Rock climbing is just one of those things where I can do it when the season goes nice and slow,” Donnelly said. “I have some extra time to stay in shape, and I’ll even do it over the weekend during track or school soccer. You can fit in whenever really.”
Donnelly not only is an avid athlete, but is also very busy academically. In school, Donnelly participates in the IB program. He also does independent studies with a professor at Harvey Mudd. Some people might not know this of Donnelly, but he is a very experienced programmer. One of Donnelly’s life goals is to make a stable video game career and potentially help bring life to the theory of artificial intelligence.
“In 50 years, I would like to be doing research on artificial intelligence, and you don’t always get paid for that. That’s why I want to start with video game production,” Donnelly said.
Whether that be going to football games and painting letters over his chest, doing backflips, hurdling, or even pursuing his interest in programming, he just wants to live his life to the fullest. His aptitude for learning, and his heart for athleticism will get him very far in life not just as a student, but as an amazing person as well.