IB Biology Teacher Sarah Tonks

After eight years of teaching at CHS, IB Biology, and general Biology teacher Sarah Tonks is leaving CHS. Tonks’ contributions at CHS will definitely be remembered and will be tremendously missed by many of her students and fellow colleagues. Tonks has taught many different classes throughout her years: Chemistry, Biology, and IB Biology.

Tonks’ love for science, passion for teaching, and working with high school students are what made her interested in teaching it here at CHS. Tonks enjoys the fact that she can teach her favorite subject and help others to understand science and even be able to develop the same passion and love for science that she has.

“First, I wanted to teach students to love science,” Tonks said, “Everything around us and inside us is based on science so I wanted to teach students about that and appreciate it. I still find enjoyment when students finally understand a concept they had been struggling with and can then connect it with the world around them.”

Tonks’ journey here at CHS has been memorable and enjoyable for her, not only because she has been able to help her students learn to love and enjoy science, but also because she has had great interactions with many at CHS as well.

“Some of my favorite memories were working with my co-workers, especially the science department, getting to know students, and being able to see my students grow and excel and even getting accepted into colleges,” Tonks said.

Now that her husband has finished medical school and is pursuing a residency program in Cleveland, Ohio, she is moving up there with her husband and child in June. Tonks is looking forward to her move up to Ohio but is sad to leave CHS because of all the great memories and her students and colleagues.