Homecoming King Joshua Witt and Queen Danielle Pichay

Homecoming King Josh Witt: Josh Witt is a lover of all things marching band, volunteering, and CHS. These activities have shaped his high school career and will impact his life down the road.

Witt feels his time at CHS has been a beneficial and a positive learning experience. He has been drumming since he was two and plays the, gong, bass drum, wood blocks, wind chimes, and cymbals in the CHS marching band. Witt enjoys playing at home football games and participating in competitive band competitions. Recently band went to a competition at Bonita in which they scored first place. He likes the community aspect that comes along with marching band and feels that this was one of the highlights during his experience at CHS. Witt is also a very diligent volunteer, volunteering for multiple years in the Children’s Ministry at Water of Life Community Church, a youth group called Awana, and a Christian service group called Boys Brigade. Witt is very active in his church, memorizing several chapters of the Bible and countless verses. After CHS he plans to attend Mount Sac community college. He toured the campus earlier this year and feels it is a good fit. He generally likes the positive vibes of learning and commitment on campus. He is still indecisive about his major, but is leaning towards education or animal care. He enjoys mentoring, teaching, and playing with children, which are all influential factors in his career choice. Although Witt  is remaining focused on his studies and work that must be done, he is so far having an exciting senior year.

“I love being a senior, I wanted to be a senior when I was a sophomore” Witt said.

Witt loves the outdoors and history. One memorable experience was his trip to Williamsburg. Two years ago He traveled to the East Coast, visiting a colonial battlefield called Williamsburg. Witt is a huge Revolutionary War buff and had participated in a live reenactment of the famous American battle. During this reenactment, he was able to fire authentic muskets and artillery pieces. In the future, Witt would like to be married and have a job that helps others.

For some words of wisdom, Witt advises underclassmen to join band, be active in school events— especially Homecoming, and be kind to people.

Homecoming Queen Dani Pichay:

Danielle Pichay was pleasantly surprised when her peers nominated her to be part of the homecoming court. She has been deeply involved in various activities throughout CHS in her four years. She has participated in softball and volleyball since her freshman year, has been club officer of Fellowship of Christian Athletes for two years, and just recently joined ASB this year.

Pichay has had a positive experience overall at CHS and has big plans for what she wants to do after graduating. She is planning on attending a local college such as Azusa Pacific University. She believes APU would be a good fit. Ever since childhood she has been interested in working with disabled people, and her passion has only grown as she has gotten older.  Pichay is planning on majoring in either special education or occupational therapy at the college she attends.

After college, she would like to continue to work with people with disabilities, and she dreams of traveling and starting a foundation to help people in poverty. Pichay’s experiences at CHS have been positive. Some of her favorite experiences throughout her high school career have been going to school dances and participating in float building. One of her most memorable experiences was making it into ASB this year as a senior.

“Making it into ASB was a good moment because it’s something I’ve always wanted to be a part of in high school, and it finally happened,” Pichay said.

Her faith and positive attitude has helped her get through high school, and her advice to underclassmen is to try to manage their stress throughout their time at CHS. Although the mixture of school work and extracurriculars can be worrisome at times, she suggests putting it all in perspective.

“Enjoy yourself, because often times I think we get super stressed out over things going on in high school, and we dwell in all that stress, and the more that we tell ourselves we aren’t stressed and overwhelmed the better we feel. Make the best of all situations, and remember it’s only four years of your life,” Pichay said.

She describes herself as outgoing, ambitious, and passionate. These qualities are represented by one of her mottos, “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.” She would like to give a shout out to her family and friends for being so supportive.