The student news site of Claremont High School

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

Sanah sings and skips her way to Scripps

photo courtesy of Sanah Mills

Singing on top of the stage with her friends in the place she loves: Sanah Mills, a senior at Claremont High School, prepares to say goodbye to the fond memories she created within the choir and to say hello to the one and only Scripps College. 

Mills loved the fact that Scripps is an all-girls college, and in addition to that, she loves the environment and atmosphere of the college. The greenery that overlooks the campus and the white exterior of the buildings encapsulate a captivating environment that pushed Mills to pick Scripps. She has also been on the campus many times, feeling comfortable with the atmosphere at the college — simply being unable to say no to the familiarity of the campus she has been on many times. While going to a Claremont College is something that many people have strong opinions against, pointing out how close to home it is, Mills decided on Scripps for its environment and the opportunities it offers.

Although Mills plans to major in international relations, she has decided to pursue her passion for singing in college. Mills has been a part of the CHS Chamber Singers for three years and has created many lifelong friendships and memories that will never be forgotten. The community and love that Choir has provided for Mills will be missed dearly and holds an important part in her heart. Nevertheless, she is excited to start her new journey in international relations while still maintaining some remnants of her life before.

Mills is that one friend that everyone loves for her bubbly and friendly personality. Many people can simply say that they are excited to meet new people but for Mills? She definitely means it. The one thing she is most excited about for college is… not studying all day, but meeting new people. For Mills, it is as easy as butter spreads on bread. With her smile and laugh, she can seriously collect friends like pokemon cards. You can often see her hanging out in Claremont with her friends and always greeting people with a smile.

She may be off to collect new friends and meet new people, but she will never forget the memories, friendships, and lessons cultivated at CHS. With friendships and communities established right at Claremont High, it will be a bit strange to start a different experience right down the road — but Mills has it well in hand.

“I will definitely miss Choir and my friends,” Mills said.

Despite leaving the cherished memories behind, she is ready to walk proudly and confidently onto the campus of Scripps. Mills would like to leave a little shoutout to the ones she loves and supports dearly,

“I’ll do a shoutout to my sisters, Zaya, Olana, and my parents for supporting me, and my friends who have always been there for me.”

Donate to The Wolfpacket
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Hello there! Our goal is to provide relavent, engaging journalism for readers of all ages. Your donation will support the student journalists of the Wolfpacket at Claremont High School, and will allow us to purchase equipment, print our monthly issues, and enter in journalism competitions. We appreciate your consideration!