SATIRE: Gomez vs. Bieber

Image courtesy of Rolling Stone

One of the most revolutionary global conflicts of this year is the war between Selena Gomez and Hailey Bieber. Since 2009, Hailey Bieber and Selena Gomez have been the center of gossip and rumors because of their complicated respective relationships with Justin Bieber. Fans everywhere have taken sides regarding the dispute and the majority are on Team Selena.
Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber dated periodically for several years before ending their relationship in 2018. That same year, Justin Bieber and Hailey started to date again. Justin proposed to Hailey just six months after breaking up with Selena. There have been numerous reports of tension between Hailey and Selena in the past due to their respective music releases and social media posts. After Selena released a song called “Lose You To Love Me” in 2019, many people believed it was a metaphor of her relationship with Justin. Hailey subsequently posted a screenshot of a song named “I’ll Kill You” by Summer Walker, which some people viewed as a comeback to Selena’s song. There has been speculation about the strain on the trio’s relationship going forward, yet any rumors have been squashed by them until now.
The drama started on February 22 when Selena Gomez posted a TikTok about how she had mistakenly over-laminated her eyebrows. Hours later, Hailey Bieber posted a screenshot to Instagram of herself FaceTiming with Kylie Jenner, with the screenshot featuring close-ups of both of their eyebrows. Fans hypothesized that Hailey was making fun of Selena. Selena ended up deactivating her TikTok account when she was criticized for commenting on videos that called Hailey out for her behavior. Hailey has received most of the backlash and has been condemned for being obsessed with Selena since the very beginning. Hailey’s Instagram comments have been flooded with negative comments. The Kardashians, namely Kylie and Kendall Jenner, have also become slowly integrated into the public feud. Kendall is a longtime friend of Hailey Bieber, who surprisingly even dated Hailey’s husband (Justin Bieber) in the past. Women everywhere have denounced Jenners and Biebers for being the spitting image of nepotism and being mean to Selena.
Everyone has taken to Team Selena in the war to stand up against the malice and criticism that the Jenners and Biebers are contributing to. Von Ford, Hailey’s then-stylist, posted that he hated Selena Gomez on his Instagram and thus involved himself in the conflict. Gomez has gained 15 million Instagram followers since the drama began unfolding on Feb. 22. Kendall Jenner and Hailey Bieber, meanwhile, have each lost at least hundreds of thousands of followers over the past two weeks.
The women of the world have spoken and the obvious side to be on is Selena’s Team. Hailey obviously just tries to be Selena and is a copycat. Selena and Hailey have refused to comment on the ordeal and are only increasing the rumors and speculation among fans. Millions of individuals on TikTok have commented on the scandal and gossip continues to circulate about the drama.
Claremont High School students are fighting everywhere in the quads about the global conflict as well. The battle has escalated and more students continue to choose sides. Just last week, posters of Selena and Hailey were plastered onto the walls of the girl’s 800 bathrooms. Millions signed the posters expressing their support for the respective sides. The beef with Hailey has been happening for years and the anger has finally boiled over. Tensions are growing and weapons are being drawn. Some even fear a war will occur regarding the two sides and their beliefs. The dispute is not only limited to high school students but Claremont citizens everywhere. At the nearest Starbucks, there are two tip jars labeled Selena and Hailey. The feud is monstrous and monumental. It knows no limits.
The Wolfpacket wonders what this clearly horrific war means for the future of Claremont and the greater globe. It is obviously the most detrimental issue to exist in current politics and news! Let us know your thoughts and how you are contributing to the historic battle of Hailey Bieber vs. Selena Gomez.