Homecoming Court: Grace Kapadia

Grace Kapadia, homecoming court royalty, is an expert at balancing a busy schedule: in addition to being the captain of the competitive cheerleading team and co-captain of the sideline cheerleading team at Claremont High, she also serves, for the first time, as commissioner of elections on ASB. Kapadia is also a dedicated member of both musical theater and CHS choir chamber singers and is taking several AP classes. Despite this, Kapadia somehow manages to find time to connect with her friends and family.

“I feel like that’s so important as a human being, to have connections with people and to be able to sit down and talk [with people] and have a good support group, a sphere of influence,” Kapadia said.

Describing herself as both a leader and an encourager, Kapadia also serves as a guiding force for her peers both inside and outside of the classroom by leading class discussions and encouraging others to join events on campus such as rallies.

Kapadia feels that her nomination to court is “a complete and utter honor”. Because she never made posters or actively campaigned, her nomination shows to her that people think of her as a friend and leader. Although winning homecoming queen would mean a lot to Kapadia, regardless of the results she feels thankful and grateful to all the people who thought of her.

In her free time, she enjoys writing poems and hanging out with friends. As evident from her dedication to musical theater and choir, she is an avid singer and loves listening to music. An avid concertgoer, she has seen The Regrettes, Wallows, and many others on tour. Her favorite musical artists include Taylor Swift and Steve Lacy.

She hopes to go to California Polytechnic University of San Luis Obispo, where she intends to major in marketing and minor in film. Her career plan includes going into the film industry, for which she has a passion.

Kapadia advises freshmen to not be shy and to participate in all events on campus so they can enjoy themselves in high school. She would like to shout out her friend group – Jamison Glaspy, Heather Ochoa, Tiffany Casaje, Eden Moore, and Caroline Seong– as well as her teachers Dr. Wilson and Ms. Kusano.