The soon to be architect designing her future

While scrolling through the hundreds of names of graduating Claremont High School seniors, typed up next to the institution they planned on attending, the types of schools students were headed to had become familiar. It was a broad and vibrant spectrum ranging from ivy leagues to community colleges, alongside the regular yet atypical occurrence of firefighter academies, faraway religious schools, and the travelling gap years. But one thing surprisingly not seen on the list were art and design schools. That was until Marianna González-Moro.
“I had never heard of [Ravensbourne University] but I had done my research.” Mariana Gonzalez-Moro said. Mariana is an exchange student from Spain. She had applied to schools strictly within the confines of Europe, because there is a larger and more complex selection of architecture study programs there compared to the United States.
“I have never been to London, but I am really dying to go. I was looking at schools out there in England, and what I want to do is architecture… and Ravensbourne University is rated one of the best for architecture.”
Gonzalez-Moro had applied to a total of five design schools located in London. She was accepted into Ravensbourne with a very appealing portfolio, featuring detailed drawings of Victorian-era architecture and well shaded graphite studies. Growing up surrounded by architects, Gonzalez-Moro was heavily inspired to pursue the path of architecture, a dynamic major that blends art with technicality. She is extremely excited to begin her higher education, but even before she steps foot on campus, adventure will begin.
“I’m going to travel to Germany, Croatia, Greece, Italy, and Hungary. I’m really excited for Berlin!”