CHS Student Diana Chao Selected as Coca-Cola Scholar

This year, many students were selected nationwide to receive the Coca-Cola Scholarship in honor of working hard and keeping their main focus on school. Diana Chao, a senior from CHS, is one of those that has won the 2016 Coca-Cola Scholarship due to her good grades and strong motivation to succeed.

Since 1989, the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation has helped over 5,500 students achieve their dreams. For more than a quarter of a century, this foundation has been offering a scholarship to students who demonstrate dedication, leadership, and proving that they care and are serious about what they do. Each application is carefully inspected to find the most committed positive leaders with academic excellence.

This scholarship grants $20,000 to each winner, as well as inputting each winner to an all-expenses paid conference in Atlanta. There, they are planned to meet with the leading individuals in all fields, such as business, science, political, entertainment, and music. Those chosen to receive the scholarship include students who earned a 3.0 GPA at the end of their junior year, are currently home schooled or in high school, and are planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post secondary institution. Overall, the scholars that had been chosen were the ones that put their heart into school and have a bright future ahead of them.

“I’m very grateful and honored. The Coca-Cola Scholars family has a hugely successful alumni network, so I’m very elated to join it.” Chao said.

Diana Chao is a hardworking student whose hard work has truly paid off. She is definitely ecstatic to go to Atlanta. This is a big step in Diana’s future plans.

(Image Courtesy of cocacolascholars.org)