The Amazing Student Businesses at CHS: Adventures of Ox and Pig and Celestia.Co

Courtesy of Adventures of Pig & Ox Instagram

Adventures of Ox and Pig – Summer and Emma Calimlim
Freshman Summer Calimlim has an Etsy business, which she runs with her sister, Emma, where they make phone charms, keychains, and other accessories. She started her business during the summer of 2023, saying,
“Last summer, both my sister and I were pretty busy and began making phone charms at home for fun, eventually starting an Etsy shop,” Calimlim said.
Since then, their business, Adventures of Ox and Pig, has gained a hearty following on Instagram and TikTok. The sisters promote their products through social media and in person at various events like the Year of the Dragon, Lunar New Year Festival. Like any other extracurricular, running a business takes a lot of time, hard work, and dedication. Calimlim constantly posts on social media to bring new eyes to her page and draw clientele. Interested in phone charms, keychains or other fun accessories? Find them on Instagram at @adventuresofoxandpig.

Celestia.Co – Mimi Quaranta
Celestia, a name rooted in Latin with the meaning of something “heavenly”. Sophomore Mimi Quaranta’s business Celestia and Co., makes jewelry from many different crystals and stones that allow for the customer to feel heavenly when wearing them. Quaranta employs unique wire-wrapping techniques in her designs, making them different from rest. When asked about the start of her business, Quaranta gave some insight to her thought process.
“I was bored during quarantine, so I started making jewelry and selling it online, and now in person, too,” Quaranta said.
By drawing inspiration from natural elements, Quaranta incorporates seashells, copper wire, and simply cut stones into her designs. She sells at various places, including local farmers’ markets, crystal events, and fairs.
She mentioned that she used to have an Etsy shop but now sells exclusively in person and online on Instagram, where you can find her @shop_celestia.co.

$50
$500