AOTM: Isla Bulmer; A Star

Athlete of the Month: Isla Bulmer
photo courtesy of Isla Bulmer
photo courtesy of Isla Bulmer

Sophomore, Isla Bulmer has taken the sport of running by storm. Her times solidify her as one of the top runners in the state of California and one of the top contenders in both cross country and track. From a standout newcomer last season to a revered veteran this year, Bulmer’s journey is nothing short of remarkable.

In the recently concluded 2023 cross-country season, Bulmer’s talent reached new heights. The highlight of her season was placing third at the league finals, marking a significant personal best. As the postseason kicked in, Bulmer only continued to prove her capabilities. A vital part of the Wolfpack cross country team, Bulmer finished with an impressive eighth place at CIF finals qualifying individually while helping the team finish second and advance into state. At state, Bulmer finished thirteenth place, running one of the fastest sophomore times, and surpassing her personal best in the 5k by over 30 seconds as well as marking a course personal best of 50 seconds, with a time of 18:06.

“I am proud of all the progress I’ve made this season”, Bulmer said. “I had a lot of big personal bests and I am also proud of my placements in races lately. I am excited for what is to come.”

Outside of running, Bulmer enjoys spending quality time with friends and also enjoys art. As Bulmer gears up for the upcoming track season, anticipation is high. Last season Bulmer ranked 2nd as a freshman in the state of California for the 800. Her impressive track season of 2022 led her to the State Championship and multiple race victories. Looking ahead, Bulmer hopes to break five in the mile and is excited to show what she can accomplish.

Bulmer’s impressive achievements continue to prove her dedication and hard work. With a bright future on the horizon, we are eager to see just how bright Isla Bulmer will shine in the years to come.

$50
$500