Ranking Fall Specials: Kids Edition

Photo courtesy of Simon & Schuster

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” (1966):

This vintage special follows the “Peanuts” and their Halloween celebration. Linus notably awaits the arrival of the Great Pumpkin, while Charlie and his companions go out and engage in typical holiday activities. Nearing its 60 year anniversary, critics say this special, ages like fine wine. It will always be a classic in the eyes of children, teenagers, and adults alike. 9/10

Photo courtesy of IMDb

“The Nightmare Before Christmas” (1993):

This dark fantasy film tells the story of Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town, as he discovers Christmas Town and becomes enthralled by the holiday. The movie is tastefully done, bringing together visual and musical aspects that make it the legendary motion picture it’s known to be. However, it is said that the film lacks a feeling of nostalgia when watching it back, and although it is a classic, it sadly cannot compare to the likes of Charlie Brown or Winnie the Pooh. 7.5/10

Photo courtesy of IMDb

“A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” (1973):

Yet another timeless classic from the franchise, this film is focused on Charlie Brown and him trying to host a Thanksgiving dinner for his buddies. With hilarious accidents and mishaps, Charlie Brown along with his friends are able to truly learn the importance of Thanksgiving. 9/10

Photo courtesy of Amazon

“Winnie the Pooh: Seasons of Giving” (1999):

This time-honored film shows Winnie the Pooh and his friends in the Hundred Acre Wood as they enjoy the holiday season. Despite the fact that Winnie the Pooh isn’t the most commonly watched film in comparison to the others aforementioned, it will always hold a special place in our hearts. 9.5/10

Photo courtesy of Rotten Tomatoes

“Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” (2010):

In this classic animated show, the “Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc.” crew embark on countless adventures, unmasking villains, and solving mysteries. Although “Scooby-Doo” is commonly known as a fall special, its spooky Halloween vibe is able to ignite feelings of nostalgia in all of us. 9.9/10

$50
$500