The student news site of Claremont High School

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

A feature featuring features

Mayo Ou

The ever-flexible Features spread of the Wolfpacket, designed to keep readers in the know about the biggest issues of the month, is the responsibility of two equally in-the-know individuals on our staff: head editor Anna Jiang and co-editor Kate Mitchell. Just like the section, both of these CHS juniors are very involved with the world around them; they have found important positions on the Chess Club, Interact, Model United Nations, and the school tennis team, to name a few. In their free time, both enjoy listening to music and love following the trendiest artists. On top of all that, they chose to add “newspaper editor” to their repertoire for the fun of it; Anna recalls that she took up the position because her friend used to have it and enjoyed her job immensely. Likewise, Kate notes that the vibrant and fun aspects of the spread drew her to what both believe is the best section in the paper. Beyond just the fun of it, both editors cite relevance for the students of CHS as one of their top priorities when selecting page ideas. This aspiration to make something informative yet alluringly colorful has led to some of their favorite spreads ever, including the heavily thematic Thanksgiving and Chinese New Year spreads of years past. At the end of the day, though, their favorite thing about being editors is getting to collaborate on developing and discussing page ideas, laughing about the dumb ones they throw around in passing conversation, and having fun while they work. If you see these two on campus, make sure to thank them for all the work they do to make Features as fun and important as it is, even if a Features spread about the feature editors is a bit on the nose.

Donate to The Wolfpacket
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Hello there! Our goal is to provide relavent, engaging journalism for readers of all ages. Your donation will support the student journalists of the Wolfpacket at Claremont High School, and will allow us to purchase equipment, print our monthly issues, and enter in journalism competitions. We appreciate your consideration!