Homecoming Court: Danie Benard

Michael Negrete
Danie Benard Homecoming Court

With her kind demeanor and loving heart Danie Benard was made for the CHS Homecoming Court. Benard is a very busy lady, serving on the LA youth advisory board for suicide prevention, and carrying her executive position for OWOL club. On top of her extracurriculars she is a master at being well balanced; doing both the arts, and soccer in her past while playing pickleball in her present.
While Benard may underplay her impact at CHS through curriculars she is truly a lovable person, everyone knows Danie Benard for her sense of kindness.
“I want people to leave interactions with me and be filled with nothing but happiness”, Benard stated. Often time’s happiness is taken for granted when in reality everyone should try to be a bucket-filler.”
As Benard is so caring towards everyone and anyone around her it’s not hard to imagine that in the future she wants to put a smile on everyone’s face. She wishes to attend a 4 year university after high school in either sociology, psychology, or social work and work in counseling.
When asked why she wanted to pursue counseling Benard stated, “I just want to help people, I feel that oftentimes people don’t take mental health as an important issue.”
While looking back at her high school experience she would like to let all CHS students know that everything will be alright. Everybody knows that a stress free life is a good life and Benard wishes everyone, even her, would follow that more.
“You’ll go where you need to go and be where you need to be, just be you and live it up”, Benard humorously mentioned as a piece of advice.
In closing, Benard would like to shout out her family for supporting and pushing her to be the best, her friends that encouraged her to run, and her boyfriend Carson Paul for helping her to where she is today on the Homecoming Court.

photo courtesy of Danie Benard
$50
$500