The student news site of Claremont High School

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

ASB! Support Sports!

Everyone knows the football team at CHS, and this is due largely in part to the advertisement of the ASB. Don’t get me wrong, this support is good. But the level of support sports teams are getting are not equivalent to each other, affecting how many people support each team and how big the funding is for each team. In order to make things equal, the ASB should advertise sports teams equally.
Football is one of the most popular sports here at CHS, and it doesn’t matter how bad they are at football. A lot of people know about the football team and its achievements, and this is partly due to the ASB advertising the football team. On the other hand, many students do not know about the other achievements other sports teams have achieved. Just last year, the golf team went undefeated, yet nobody seemed to have known about that. A huge accomplishment, and almost nobody knew that. ASB advertising for football can come in many different ways, such as announcing a Wolfcast announcement about the football team’s games or announcing the football team’s fundraisers. While this is good for the football team, other sports do not get as much advertising from the ASB, affecting how many people support each team. Now, I’m not saying that everyone should support every team at CHS, but everyone should at least be aware of each team’s achievements. This is how unequal support for sports teams from the ASB can affect the support for the sports teams.
In addition, The more support a team has, the more funds it gets so that it can provide better equipment and facilities for the team. Since ASB heavily advertises football, more people come and support the football team at games, which gives them more funds for the program. See, the more people support a certain team, the school recognizes this, and gives more funds to improve equipment to help the team do better and gain more support. Without the ASB supporting each team equally, not only is the number of people who support each team affected, but the funds for each team is also affected.
In order for the sports to be fair and successful, the ASB needs to equally advertise all sports teams to bring more support to sports and help highlight accomplishments across different sports. Not only does this bring more people to sports events, but also increases funds for the team and increases school spirit, bringing students together to watch a game or event. It’s long overdue and evidently clear that ASB should better represent and advertise all sports teams equally like they support football.

Donate to The Wolfpacket
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Hello there! Our goal is to provide relavent, engaging journalism for readers of all ages. Your donation will support the student journalists of the Wolfpacket at Claremont High School, and will allow us to purchase equipment, print our monthly issues, and enter in journalism competitions. We appreciate your consideration!