Claremont Crazies Celebrate the Spirit of CHS Pack Pride

Gavin Derleth, Reporter

The Claremont Crazies make themselves known at various school events with the sea of maroon and black as well as the constant cheering and chanting. The student section at any CHS event is fittingly called the Claremont Crazies section, and they can be seen wearing a mix of wolfpack gear and of course, a crazy attitude.

The beginning of the Crazies section can be traced back to 2007 when the senior class, led by Bryant Oberg, started the now renowned section.

“It started out as just a student body, but has become much more than that,” varsity football quarterback and ASB President Craig Meyers said. “It has become the symbol of CHS.”

The fan base has only gotten larger and more involved over the past years and has only increased the sense of Pack Pride at the school.

“The Claremont Crazies are about creating a unity in the school. Without the Crazies, the school pride and energy at the school would be much lower,” senior Raylon Bivins said.

The section has seen many different and interesting leaders over the years such as Kelley Collins, Lane Giammalva, and Chris Collins. The section features many prominent members each year that tend to lead the crowd in different chants and cheers. As leaders, they never fail to come decked out in their Wolfpack paraphernalia and bring their very energetic spirit. Along with leading the crowd in cheers, they also have other jobs such as running down the sideline with a giant Claremont Wolfpack flag after every CHS touchdown at football games. It is up to them to keep the crowd going in the toughest times.

“The Claremont Crazies have helped motivate and inspire us for games we haven’t had the most confidence in,” Myers said.

If a sports team is facing a difficult opponent, it is very reassuring to see how many students believe in them. Whether the team is up by 50 or down by 50, it is hard to tell the difference because of the high spirits of the Crazies section.

The Claremont Crazies have instilled a pride in the CHS student body that cannot be replicated by any other school. From attending a rally to participating at float building, CHS students come together in a positive way. The upperclassmen accept the underclassmen and work together to become a unified Pack. The ability to have such a dedicated fan-base is something that is not very common to high schools and should be cherished by CHS students.
The Crazies do not end after the conclusion of the football season; they continue on to the many other events like theatre shows or other sporting events. Whether it is on the field, the stage, or in the classroom, the Claremont Crazies give a constant sense of school unity and pride.