CHS Welcomes New Arrival and Counselor Kristina Bergslien

New CHS counselor Kristina Bergslien, is settling in and getting used to our school, staff, and students. Bergslien has had experience as a middle school counselor in Lake Arrowhead for one year, and then becoming a high school counselor at Nogales High School for three years. Bergslien went to Azusa Pacific University for her undergraduate and masters’ degrees. She majored in Psychology and mastered in School Counseling.
“About six years ago I interned at El Roble and loved working with the students of Claremont,” Bergslien said, “I knew then that I wanted to work in Claremont Unified School District.”
She is also enjoying her new job at CHS because it is a great school and community as a whole. Bergslien considers working with students and talking about their grades, personal life, and college some parts about her job that she loves. College applications and career options are one of the largest tasks high school counselors aid with. Coincidentally, they are two of her favorite topics that she discusses with students.
“I love talking to students about a wide range of things. The best part of my job is being able to work with students, staff and build relationships,” Bergslien said.
Whether students have anxiety about school or just have day-to-day problems, she meets with them to relieve any stress that they may have.
For Bergslien, every day as a counselor is different. There is no fixed routine, and she spends most of her time either talking to students, presenting, or attending meetings. She became a counselor because she has a passion for education, working with students to help achieve their highest potential.