A Road to Remember: Homecoming 2015 Princess Gail Henley and Prince Gavin Wride

Gail Henley:

Congratulations to senior Gail Henley that has been selected for this year’s homecoming court. Henley has been involved in many activities during her high school career, such as being a CHS Girls Track and Field hurdler and a Chamber singer.

Along with choir She plans on pursuing student council in college. Henley is a member of Art Start, and is senior class representative in ASB.She is currently the president of her own club, Fashion Philanthropy, where they use the passion for fashion to give back to the community. Outside of school she is a church leader and a volunteer to coach volleyball to elementary kids.

Henley describes herself as a sarcastic, friendly, active and good artist especially when it comes to drawing people. It is a skill she has been working on her entire life. Henley plans on attending a small, Christian college like APU, Point Loma, or Westmont. She would like to major in education and become a second grade teacher. She plans on spending her summers going on mission trips.

Henley feels as if her life is heading in a very positive direction as of now. In 10 years she hopes to be a college graduate, starting her teaching career, and soon to be married to a wonderful Christian man. In 50 years, she hopes to have had beautiful children who seek the lives they have dreamed of. For now she is pursuing a strong relationship with Christ, staying very active in school, getting good grades, and spending time with the people that mean the most to her.

“One thing that is currently supplying me with so much joy is dating my junior high crush, Brian Piibe, who has been my close friend for six years; he’s the light of my life and brings me so much laughter,” says Gail Henley.

Henley says she felt incredibly overwhelmed and filled with joy when they called her name.

“It is a dream come true since I’ve dreamt of it since I was a little girl. I started hugging everyone wildly and crying. I was a complete mess of sheer happiness.” says Henley.

Henley would like to thank her entire group of guy friends who have always been there for her to keep her humble. She would like to give her biggest thanks to her best friend Lyndi Caudle and her boyfriend Brian Piibe.

Gavin Wride:

Avid surfer, excellent student, president of CHS, talented musician, and now, Homecoming prince, Gavin Wride is well known around campus as a funny and thoughtful character. Throughout his time at CHS, Wride has made the most of his time with great friends and memories.

Wride hopes to attend either Brigham Young University at Provo or Idaho, and is also interested in attending University of Utah after going on a mission trip with his church. For Wride, the sky’s the limit as to what he will do when he is older; however, he is interested in anything to do with aerospace engineering, music, and writing.

Wride is also very dedicated to his school work, and is a hard-working student who stands steadfast in his moral beliefs. As it is his last year of high school, Wride has gained much wisdom and would like to let the underclassmen know that.

“It’s okay if you can’t do an assignment perfectly, and don’t be too stressed out about school because everything will work out in the end. But you still need to work hard and try your best in all that you do. Have some fun while you’re in high school since it will only get more challenging from here,” Wride said.

Aside from his responsibilities in school, Wride’s biggest passion is music. He has been in band since fifth grade and has continued to play throughout his entire high school career. Whether listening to music, playing an instrument, or writing his own songs, he enjoys music and playing around with friends in his band (they will be in Battle of the Bands so you should check them out). When he has the time, Wride also finds pleasure in surfing and spending time with his father.

“My familial role model is my dad because he’s a really smart guy and super fun. And I want to grow up to be as good of a dad to my kids as he was to me,” Wride said.

From working hard in his tough classes to having his greatest memories with his “squad” in his AP comp class, Wride is always making sure that he is performing as well as he can while having the best time he can. As his last piece of advice, Wride advises everyone that it is more important to show that you care about a person you love rather than focus on the little problems you have with that person.