The student news site of Claremont High School

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

Supercell Games Clash for the Crown

Image Courtesy of: Supercell

For centuries — since the birth of the educational system — it seems that students have tried to find anything to do but read. Whether you are talking to the guy next to you, reconstructing a pen, or drawing on the desk, every student just wants to occupy their mind. In the last few years, Supercell games like Clash Royale, Clash of Clans, Brawl Stars, and Hay Day have truly taken over as the best time killer. So let us take a deep dive into each of these Supercell games, and why students seem to love them so much.

Hay Day(Release: Jun 21, 2012)

At 660 million downloads, Hay Day comes in as not just the oldest, but the most downloaded Supercell game. Hay Day Wiki explains, “Hay Day involves growing crops, cultivating trees and bushes, etc.” Hay Day provides a very calming experience for all to enjoy. While Hay Day has well passed its prime, it can still provide the calming experience that we all know and love.

Clash of Clans(Release: August 2, 2012)

At 500 million downloads, Clash of Clans is the third most downloaded app on this list and one of the oldest as well. Clash of Clans is a game where over an extended period of time, players slowly upgrade their village, along with their town hall to become undefeatable. Players fight other villages with their troops to earn trophies. But what makes Clash of Clans truly special is the culture that has developed around it. The ability to check on your village during school, and see how far your buildings have come along, Clash of Clans will always be a staple in mobile games.

Clash Royale(Release: March 2, 2016)

At 597 million downloads, Clash Royale comes in as the second most downloaded game and one of the most recently released as well. Clash Royale is a game where players ascend in arenas by beating opponents online. The app is related to Clash of Clans, involving many of the same cards/characters. The game requires a lot of fighting strategy, players must use their game knowledge to the best of their ability to take down the opposing players’ towers. This app is very special because of the competitive nature it provides. Players compare arenas like it is their status, and can even 1v1 their friends in the game. 

Brawl Stars(Release: June 15, 2017)

At 500 million downloads, Brawl Stars is the least downloaded Supercell application but is one of the most fun, multiplayer mobile games available today. The game allows you to play with several unique characters in different game modes. In general, while Brawl Stars may not be as classic as the other 3 Supercell games, it is still one of the most fun and entertaining for players today.

Donate to The Wolfpacket
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Hello there! Our goal is to provide relavent, engaging journalism for readers of all ages. Your donation will support the student journalists of the Wolfpacket at Claremont High School, and will allow us to purchase equipment, print our monthly issues, and enter in journalism competitions. We appreciate your consideration!