Homecoming Royal: Beverly Be

Michael Negrete

Captaining for color guard, running for track and field, and having a love of cheese bagels, the color pink, chocolate ice cream, and horror movies can only describe one senior on campus — Beverly Be. With her kind and caring personality (along with the delicious bagels that she hands out) it is no wonder that Be is one of CHS’s top two Homecoming Royals for Homecoming Court 2023.

“Being on homecoming court is just such a cool experience,” Be said. “I’m excited for all the events I’m able to participate in and I’m super grateful. I just think it’s so cool and mind-blowing. A few years ago I never would have run for homecoming court, but here I am: top ten. Crazy, huh?”

Involved in the Asian Student Alliance (ASA), Animal Aid and Appreciation (AAA), Key Club, and the Guard Enthusiasts club on campus, being a captain two years running for color guard, and volunteering for the city of Claremont, Be is an expert at balancing her time wisely. Be is in the midst of applying to colleges, especially Loma Linda, UC Irvine, and Biola, as they have great medical programs for sonography — her ideal career, which involves soundwaves and imaging.

“I was originally looking into pediatrics, but then I did some more research and found sonography,” Be said. “I thought it was super interesting and cool. There’s different types of sonography — neuro, cardiac, and abdominal. I want to get more into neuro and abdominal, so I can take pictures of little babies! I think that’s so fun.”

In her last year in high school, she is looking forward to another great season with the CHS color guard and hopes to have fun in her senior year.

“My best memory related to CHS is probably anything related to colorguard,” Be said. “I love holiday gatherings, competitions, and practices, and I’m so grateful that I was able to be captain for two years of high school. I love spending time with my teammates and the sport itself. Shoutout to the entire team; they’re always there for me.”

$50
$500