Through the Ages Homecoming King: Tyler Tinajero

Homecoming+King+Tyler+Tinajero.+

photo | Ale Ramirez

Homecoming King Tyler Tinajero.

Niza Metoyer, Reporter

When he is not volunteering at his church or with his little brothers sports teams, Tyler Tinajero can be found diligently playing on the field. Tinajero’s life revolves around sports, from playing football for CHS for four years to joining the soccer team last year. His immense participation in athletics during high school has led him to his aspiration of becoming a physical therapist.

“I have always loved sports and knew I wanted to do something with sports in the future so I thought that becoming a physical therapist would fit me well,” Tinajero said.

Tinajero is one of CHS’s outstanding athletes. He has been playing football for CHS since his freshman year, each year growing closer to the team members. Overcoming many injuries, he has pushed through and found his way back on the field despite the obstacles. Looking back on his high school football career, he is most proud of beating CHS’s rival Damien at their 2012 Homecoming game, a legendary moment in CHS history. Not only is Tinajero a dedicated football player, but he has also played soccer since he was five years-old. Last year, Tinajero decided to take a leap of faith and try out for the CHS varsity soccer team. After making the team, he loved the atmosphere and the funny moments he shared with all his friends.

“The funniest thing that happened during soccer is that one time I was up in the game and two minutes later I was benched with a yellow card,” Tinajero said.

Tinajero may be competitive on the field, but no matter what situation he faces, his funny and kind personality always manages to stand out. He hopes to make the most out of his last year at CHS by working hard not only in sports but in academics as well, and standing by his motto, “live life to the fullest.”