Hills To Replace Retiring Wolfcast Adviser Sawhill Next School Year

For seven years, David Sawhill has held the position as the adviser of Wolfcast, but it was announced this year that he will not be continuing for next year. Now, with Sawhill’s departure from the Wolfcast, the Video Production teacher, Sara Hills, will be replace his position. Even though Sawhill had the chance to go to a school to gain his credential to remain as the Wolfcast adviser, he believed he would not have as much experience as Hills.

“With the hiring of Video Production teacher Sara Hills, it was appropriate for the school district to request that she teach the course,” Sawhill said. “I have always loved building a community on campus with the Wolfcast, but allowing those more skilled to take over has the potential to be better for the community.”

Sawhill has not only been involved in Wolfcast the past couple of years, but he started the program. He created Wolfcast when he was first teaching at CHS seven years ago. His class came up with the name of the program, “The Wolfcast,” and this has developed into what has been the CHS daily news channel.

Wolfcast broadcasts the latest news at CHS everyday and it is a student-run class of 20 students that informs the student body about what is happening at school and events that will take place. With all of Sawhill’s support, the students from the Wolfcast will have lost their leader for next year.

“I agree that it is definitely not a happy moment for those of us in the Wolfcast that Mr. Sawhill is leaving us,” junior and Wolfcast reporter Nikki Rival said. “He has taught us so much in this area despite his self teaching, enthusiasm, and effort that he put into the Wolfcast made it all that much better. We are truly going to miss his guidance.”

With the upcoming departure from the Wolfcast, Sawhill still shows great affection towards his class. He has mixed feelings about leaving his position, but he is happy that the students will be learning ideas next year from Hills.

“I will support Sara Hills with whatever she needs, and I will be teaching one more math course to replace The Wolfcast. I will probably focus some of my energy into the garden to foster a different sense of community, and help promote a healthy lifestyle to the CHS student body,” Sawhill said.

With Hills taking the position next year, Sawhill feels assured about how the Wolfcast will take it to a new level and achieve even more. The withdrawal from the position will greatly impact Sawhill because he had spent a long period of time with the class. However, he believes that Hills will do a good job with the class next year.

“To say the least, I will really miss Mr. Sawhill, and I am so thankful for everything he has done for the Wolfcast since its start. Despite all the imminent changes, I am excited to have Mrs. Hills as my new mentor for next year,” junior and Wolfcast Live Producer Dorothy Kang said.

Sawhill was able to create strong relationships with many students and learned the new technologies that were provided for the Wolfcast. Lastly, Sawhill realized that each individual’s ideas can bring change to the community.

As Sawhill finishes this year with the Wolfcast, he will still continue on in other activities at CHS and keep supporting them. With Sawhill’s encouragement and passion, he was able to reach to a bigger accomplishment with the students of the Wolfcast.