The student news site of Claremont High School

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

Soto’s At Stanford

photo courtesy of Andrew Soto

In 2024, Stanford University had an astounding 4% acceptance rate. This feat, seemingly impossible to the majority, was defied by CHS senior Andrew Soto when he got in with both an early acceptance and full financial coverage. 

Throughout Soto’s high school experience, he was a part of the Cross Country team, Track team, International Baccalaureate program, and President of CHS’s highly awarded Key Club. During his time in Key Club, Soto completed over 550 hours of community service and even earned ACSA’s prestigious “Every Student Succeeding” award for his devotion to his community and education. While at CHS, Soto successfully left his mark on campus and those around him with his hard-working attitude and ability to always try and help those in need.

Soto will miss the time spent with his friends every day, where he recalls some of his fondest memories: from hanging out at lunch to the long nights spent studying together for upcoming exams.

Once at Stanford, Soto plans on completing his general education studies before possibly focusing on a STEM-based or education major. Although he is still unsure about what he wants to do, he is without question on one aspect.

“I want to find a major that leads me to an outcome of helping people,” Soto said. “Helping those in under-resourced communities is something that is very important to me.”

Soto looks forward to participating in the many on goings of Stanford’s campus, from clubs and outreach programs to sporting events. He is looking forward to what the future has in store and would like to thank his family members who made this possible. He would also like to thank  Mrs. Tran and Mrs. Viera for helping him navigate through his time at CHS.

Donate to The Wolfpacket
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Hello there! Our goal is to provide relavent, engaging journalism for readers of all ages. Your donation will support the student journalists of the Wolfpacket at Claremont High School, and will allow us to purchase equipment, print our monthly issues, and enter in journalism competitions. We appreciate your consideration!