Homecoming Princess Sharon Musa

Whether studying biology or meeting with the Speech and Debate Team, Homecoming princess Sharon Musa has found herself involved with many activities, such as acting as an intern for the United Nations Association, to being a member of the growing UN club on campus.

Musa has been looking at small liberal arts colleges, and enjoys the idea of getting to know her professors really well and working closely with them. Musa wants to major in neuroscience, and is considering possibly minoring in Film and Media Studies. In regards to where her collegiate career will take place, Musa is rather unsure and has yet to make up her mind. As of now, she is undecided as to whether or not she wants to stay on the west coast or venture further from home and take residence in an east coast establishment. Regardless of what decision she makes, Musa’s main goal is to attend college, pursue her career of choice, and to see where her path leads her.

Musa believes that her most memorable moment in high school was getting to escort her brother last year in Homecoming court.

When recalling the past four years, Musa thinks that the best advice she can give to underclassmen is to:

“Get involved in things early, and if you’re doing something you like, it makes it better, don’t feel pressured to do things, and don’t be afraid to try new things, such as starting a club,” said Musa.

As a senior, Musa thinks that one major influence for her throughout high school were her teachers. One teacher in particular, Ms. Linda Saeta [Math and IB coordinator], helped encourage Musa to join the IB program.

“Ms. Saeta has inspired me into joining the IB program, including all of my brothers, and it has been integral throughout my High school career.” Musa said. “It is difficult, but it can be fun, and its worth all the trouble in the end,” said Musa.

Despite not having many special talents, Musa thinks that her unmistakable laugh and charismatic disposition make her a very unique person. Given that she is a self-proclaimed, “open person” Musa thinks that no one should be afraid of talking to or just saying “hi” to her. As her time at CHS slowly but surely, comes to a close, Musa wishes to give a special shout-out to the Lil’ Jay Club.