Homecoming Court: Rohit Kiran

Michael Negrete

Sixteen-year-old senior Rohit Kiran, who is borderline insane, holds a profound love for his snow globe collection and Mr. Easton. Throughout his four years at Claremont High School, Kiran has devoted his time to multiple extracurricular activities on campus. Rohit Kiran is a thespian of Thespian Troupe 2129, a player on the improvisational ComedySportz team, the President of the Science Honors National Society, the Vice President of the Bollywood and Culture Club, and a varsity player in the Esports Club. While juggling all of his difficult AP classes, Kiran has also developed an obsession with Tetris due to his procrastination. In Kiran’s’s words, it is “too satisfying to the point that I cannot resist”. Science, especially chemistry, is Kiran’s favorite subject at school; he strives to camp at Mrs. Lee’s classroom every day as his spawning point. Kiran has decided to apply as a public policy major to universities such as Northwestern, UChicago, WashU, the UCs, and the Cal States. Although he is very excited to experience the glorious college life, Kiran looks back into his past and feels as if time is flying by too fast in his senior year.
“I loved performing in Percy Jackson the Musical as Hades, Matilda the Musical, and other shows, as well as asking Mr. Easton to prom last year and he said yes,” Kiran said when asked about his favorite memories in high school.
Taken aback by the result of his unique campaigning strategy, Kiran stated “I kinda didn’t expect to be voted since I posted a picture of Mr. Easton and told people to vote for me, which somehow worked. But since I made it this far, I might as well just go for glory you know.”
Having survived high school’s ups and downs (mostly), Kiran would love to shout out his family, his friends, the educators who have supported him throughout these years, and the avocado that has maintained his sanity these past four years.
Kiran would also like to give some advice to the incoming freshmen who are ready to take on high school: “Take every opportunity that comes your way, since it’s better to regret a bad decision than to miss an amazing one.”

photo courtesy of Rohit Kiran

$50
$500