Homecoming Court: Carlie Bronk

Michael Negrete

With her radiant attitude and everlasting involvement on Claremont High School’s campus, Carlie Bronk is made for Homecoming court. When Bronk is not serving as the co-captain of Claremont High School’s cheer team, she is busy carrying outn her duties as the President of the CHS Chamber Singers. She is also an active member and officer of German Club. While partaking in a multitude of extracurriculars, Bronk also balances the work schedule of a full IB diploma student. Despite this overwhelming schedule, Bronk has found a healthy balance between friends, family, and her own passions.

Whether it be peanut butter snickerdoodles or vanilla buttercream birthday cakes, Bronk can bake it all. She has her very own instagram cake business called @carlies_cupcakes. With this business, she hosts monthly fundraisers in which people pay the amount they choose for cupcakes and those proceeds go towards creating welcome baskets for refugees.

“The business has been a really fun way for me to express my love for baking and doing something for my community,” Bronk said. “I’m super grateful to the community and everyone who has supported and encouraged me, and I really couldn’t have done it without their love and support.”

Carlie plans to attend a four year university after graduation. She wants to pursue a multitude of careers at the moment but plans to settle on one once she attends college. As of now, Carlie can envision herself becoming an architect or opening a bakery. Although she does not quite know what she wants to study, she knows that she will study abroad some day.

“I don’t totally know what I want to study but I know I want to be able to travel and do something I’m passionate about,” Bronk said. “I have always wanted to speak a second language fluently, and going to a German speaking country would be a great experience.”

To Carlie, her friends and family are the most important to her and she will miss them greatly when she attends college. She would like to shout out Izzy, Ella, Gianna, Bri, Martina, Isa, Isabella, Dr. Wilson, and Frau Tsai. On a final note, she would like to leave some advice to incoming freshmen.

“Stay true to yourself and don’t let anyone change who you are,” Bronk said. “Pursue what interests you and be authentic to yourself, and you will attract the people who share your interests and values.”

photo courtesy of Carlie Bronk
$50
$500