CHS Welcomes New Physics Teacher Ayers

Every year, new teachers join the CHS community to help students expand their knowledge. This year, a new teacher has taken over physical science and AP Physics classes. Paul Ayers has always loved science since the end of high school. Previously, he attended Cal State Fullerton where he obtained a bachelor degree in physics and a minor in philosophy. Before entering CHS, Ayers taught chemistry, making this the first year he will teach an AP Physics class.
“I became less interested in the applicable parts of science like becoming and engineer or working for a corporation,” Ayers said, “I was interested in the process of how people learn science and how people understand or appreciate it.”
Ayers thoroughly developed his love for science through his college classes reaching the conclusion of becoming a teacher.
Ayers continually inspires other students to love science as much as he does, making him a great addition to the teachers at CHS. The goal of teacher continues to be advance students knowledge towards specific topics in school. Through his previous experience teaching chemistry, he is now able to help students love science and learn about the different aspects that physics bring to the world.
“I’m looking forward to getting to know the school a little bit better, to getting to know the classes a little bit more.”Ayers said, “This is my first time teaching physical science and AP Physics so I am really excited to explore those areas more and how to run the curriculum.”
With his previous experience teaching chemistry, Ayers has made a smooth transition to CHS.
“With physics you see how much we use math everyday or even how much it is apart of our life everyday,” Ayers said, “I love physics because it has a lot of math in it, which is incredibly useful.” Physics can be useful in everyday life through the aspects of math that are involved in the class.
As a new teacher here at CHS, students and teachers are trying to welcome him with open arms. He looks forward to getting to know his class and helping his students develop a love for science.