Wolfcast Greenscreen Helps Creativity Fly

With a new teacher, Wolfcast has made many changes such as the addition of a greenscreen, to make the videos more creative. A couple of months ago, Sara Hills, the Wolfcast adviser, purchased a greenscreen and new lights through donations given to the Wolfcast. They are used daily and shown in their featured videos to enhance different themes they are working on.
“I enjoy watching the Wolfcast and think that the greenscreen is a super nice addition to the show. I can tell that they put in a lot of effort into making the special effects as cool as they are,” senior Kiana Cavanaugh said.
For example, pink ribbons were displayed on the greenscreen behind the hosts during breast cancer awareness month, and the Homecoming Court used it in their introductions. It allows students to use their creativity to describe and show different events.
“We can be in space one day. We can be in the mountains another, and there are infinite possibilities with the greenscreen because we can put virtually anything on it, as we come up with new ideas you’ll see it on Wolfcast,” Hills said.
To represent the large and diverse student population at CHS, Wolfcast has been trying to highlight many different students on camera to get them involved in the show. By having more segments other than news, such as the Student Spotlight, they are including new faces.
Another big change from last year is that this year’s show is prerecorded. This gives Wolfcast the ability to hone their technical skills and allows teachers to have access to the shows via internet rather than a live streaming so that it can be shown on a projector or bigger television set. This also reduces the risk of technical difficulties within the show itself since it is prerecorded. With the feedback from staff and students around campus, Wolfcast is constantly trying to improve and in corporate new ideas into the show.
“Being part of the show is a great new experience for me, and we are all persistently working hard to make the show better and more fun to watch,” sophomore Lily Whitenack said.
The greenscreen is helping the Wolfcast crew express themselves and be creative. Wolfcast is helping make their show even greater and more engaging to the viewers, so make sure to watch their videos to stay updated on new information daily.