Parent Supervision is a Must

School. It is the word that makes every student cringe at the very thought of it. Throughout school, students are assigned homework, which is something that almost everyone attempts to procrastinate on. It is given to students throughout elementary, junior high, high school, and beyond. Since students attempt to procrastinate on their homework, their parents may have to remind them of their work or force them to finish all of their assignments. Without a parent’s constant participation, some students would slack off, which is why parent involvement is necessary to boost a student’s academic performance.

Students may or may not have their parent involved in their studies and may decide to act in an independent manner, choosing to not tell their parents if they are falling behind or are confused in a class. If the student is unable to keep up with the demands of the work and the expectations of the class, they begin to to fall behind.This is where a parent should get involved, helping the child keep up by pushing them to complete their assignments on time. The parent does not have to know everything on that subject, but they must keep their child in check, making sure that they are aware of the importance of their work.

The advantage of having a parent be involved in assignments is that they can answer questions that the student might have. Remember that parents once used to be in the student’s position and have actually acquired knowledge in their lives. If the parent cannot help with the questions that their child has, then they are knowledgeable enough to know that their child needs a tutor or another form of aid. If parents were involved in their children’s education, they could help them to the best of their abilities or arrange for them to get help from outside programs.

Some students could point out that the reason why they do not have their parents involved is because their parents might not have received sufficient education, but in this case, that does not matter. Even though the parent might not know how to answer questions pertaining to a certain subject, they are not required to do so, for the teacher is always available to help. If the parent does not know how to help their child in school, parents can seek help from outside of their home and reach out to tutoring programs as well as friends. The parent does not have to know everything, but the simple act of being involved pushes a student to be more successful. According to Southwest Educational Development Laboratory, “When schools, families, and community groups work together to support learning, children tend to do better in school, stay in school longer, and like school more.” This shows that parent involvement can have a big impact on their children’s school experience.

Parent involvement is extremely important to the students who also are unorganized and unable to complete their schoolwork because they do not understand a certain concept. According to National Education Association, students whose parents were involved in their academics for the past decade were more likely to receive higher test scores and grades as well as have a higher chance of enrolling in more advanced classes. Students also were more likely to pass their class and receive credits.

Although it might be a bit of an annoyance to students to have their parents breathing down their necks, they are just making sure their child is thriving in school. Parents should be more aware of their child’s academics in order to help them succeed. It is important for all students