Beheshta Akhgar Off to Stanford

photo courtesy of Beheshta Akhgar

Beheshta Akhgar likes a challenge. At CHS, this senior has always aimed to excel in academics and extracurriculars– and her hard work has hit the mark. This fall, Akhgar will tackle neuroscience at Stanford University, widely considered one of the most prestigious schools in the world.

During her four years at Claremont High School, the senior has applied herself in all she has done. At school, she has balanced an impressive repertoire of AP classes with her position as 2nd violinist in Claremont High’s orchestra. Outside of school, Akhgar has tutored CUSD students through the CLASP program. She has also volunteered at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, and served on the volunteer program’s leadership team. Throughout it all, Akhgar has remained steadfastly dedicated to her Muslim faith.

Akhgar was initially drawn to Stanford’s beautiful campus and location, but her deciding factor was the excellence of its pre-med program.

“Stanford has flexible classes to easily fulfill prerequisites and a strong medicine club to help get clinical hours,” said Akhgar. “It also gives me opportunities for medical research projects in order to build a strong medical school application.”

In college, Akhgar is excited to become independent and explore her interests. At Stanford, she plans to continue volunteering at hospitals and playing in an orchestra.

As she prepares to graduate, Akhgar reflects upon her time at Claremont High School.

“CHS gave me lots of academic opportunities through clubs and AP classes,” says Akhgar. “It also provided the support of a community, which helped me focus on school.”

Akhgar will miss the lunches spent with her friends at CHS, as well as all the opportunities she had to spend time with them. She advises incoming freshmen to prioritize their success.

“Don’t stress while you are here,” says Akhgar, “but also learn to handle responsibility. Take accountability for yourself.

Akhgar would like to shout out her friends and family for their endless support.

As Akhgar aims to take on Stanford and the world of medicine, she will undoubtedly succeed by hitting her targets with her signature dedication, and single-minded focus.

$50
$500