Homecoming Candidate: Jocelyn Hannan

Homecoming Candidate: Jocelyn Hannan

Jocelyn Hannan, basketball enthusiast, former Wolfpacket member, and mother of the cutest dog ever—Nellie—had no idea that she would even be selected as a homecoming court semifinalist. After posting a few pictures on Instagram and putting a few posters around campus, she shoved the whole thing to the back of her mind. So after it was announced that she made it onto the semifinalist list, she was “excited but also pretty shocked.” Despite this unexpected news, it comes to no surprise that Hannan made the list because she is so deeply involved in the Claremont High School community.

Hannan reflects upon her experience playing basketball for Claremont High School all four years of her high school career. She spent her underclassman years as JV basketball captain, and she now has two years of varsity basketball under her belt. On court, Hannan is an avid basketball player, and off court, she is an avid basketball lover. She even has an entire letterman jacket decked out like a Christmas tree with different patches from all kinds of sports and academic achievements. In fact, as Hannan drummed on an apple, she recalled her favorite high school memory. “[My favorite high school memory was] getting a scholar athlete patch.” Along with the scholar athlete patch, she has a league champion patch and basketball patch. But even after all these years of intense dedication to sports and academics, she humbly describes herself as “I’m a senior, that’s it.”

In the future, Hannan is leaning towards pursuing English in college, but she is mostly planning on just “going with the flow.” As a senior with many years of wisdom behind her, her one piece of advice to freshmen is, “Talk to your teachers and stay on task with assignments. Turn things in on time.” Simple advice, but it works wonders.

Hannan’s core values that have guided her life are to follow your heart and find your happiness, a powerful message. Finally, Hannan gives a shout out to her family, friends, and her lovely dog, Nellie.

$50
$500