Ms. Chavez-Stedman

Ms.+Chavez-Stedman

A former student of CHS herself, substitute teacher Madeline Chavez-Stedman, better known to students as Ms. C, didn’t always desire to work as an educator. Although raised by parents working in academics, Chavez-Stedman originally began her journey into the work force as an intern at a Hollywood based music management company. However, upon realizing the sense of unfulfillment she derived from the industry, she began to return to her roots. Having worked with children in the past, Chavez-Stedman reentered the professional world from a completely different angle, marking the start of her path to someday having a class of her own students. With her high motivation levels and caring attitude, she is sure to be an outstanding teacher to the elementary school students she wishes to work with in the future.

As for her current role within the classes at CHS, Chavez-Stedman typicallyenjoys the kind demeanor of students here, also finding the somewhat more developed conversational skills of older students to be entertaining in its own way. When regarding herself, she hopes and believes that those within the classes she teaches, view her with the same respect as she does to them. However, she does have a tad of concern about teaching high school students, though it is mostly comical in nature

“[Teaching high school] is weird, because I look like a high schooler,” Chavez-Stedman said.

Overall, Chavez-Stedman is rather eager to begin working with her own class of students as the lack of permanence and personal connections that are typical of substitute teaching can be overwhelming and perhaps disheartening at times. Constantly faced with classrooms filled with new, unfamiliar faces and unsure expectations, working as a substitute teacher can be somewhat equated to being stuck in an eternal cycle of “first day at school” experiences. Despite this, with her strong conviction and enthusiastic determination, Chavez-Stedman is destined to be a well-loved full-time teacher in the near future, and is deeply appreciated for her work at CHS.