A Mythical Endeavor: Princess Lily Whitenack and Prince Marc Donnelly

Princess Lily Whitenack

Lily Whitenack is an incredibly dedicated and bubbly student here on campus. She can be seen on the field playing varsity soccer, coordinating ASB activities, or playing with her dogs Lulu and Poppy. This princess has not only participated in girls’ soccer and volleyball, and ASB but has additionally been involved with Interact Club for the past four years. Whitenack has left her mark on CHS through community service, extracurricular activities, and her studies.
After taking IB Psychology, Whitenack realized how much it peaked her interest. She hopes to attend a four year university, majoring in psychology. In ten years, she hopes to be happily living with 2-3 dogs, possibly by the beach, and in fifty years hopes to be retired, and possibly married. Whitenack wants to end up in a career that can successfully sustain her family, but also hopes to remain her happy and outgoing self.
Whitenack’s favorite quote is “Whatever you do in life, you are closer than you were yesterday.” She looks up to her parents as role models.
One of Whitenack’s fondest memories here at CHS was going all the way to CIF for girls’ varsity soccer last year. Her most embarrassing moment during high school was participating in a game her freshman year during a rally, and tripping over the mats in front of the entire freshman section. One of Whitenack’s hidden talents is that she can do the worm, so watch out at homecoming; maybe she will show off her moves.
Princess Whitenack likes the person she has become and recommends that students get involved and try new things their freshman year before they get too busy. She also recommends that students prioritize their time management, because a waste of time is always a waste. She credits the person she’s become today to her parents, sister, and friends. Whitenack is excited to be featured as one of CHS’s homecoming princess and to represent her school.

Prince Marc Donnelly

Upon hearing his name for homecoming court, Marc Donnelly was delighted. However, that did not compare to the excitement he felt when his twin brother, Phil Donnelly, was also voted as a prince. Throughout their careers at CHS, both Donnellys have shaped each’s respective paths both in and outside of school. Donnelly credits his brother for helping him become the kind, humorous, and generous person he is known as today.
Donnelly became a member in both the Cross Country and Track teams freshman year, and throughout his years at CHS this commitment has taken up a significant portion of Donnelly’s life. In fact, this year Donnelly was named a captain on both teams, a testament to his leadership and the respect he has garnered from many different athletes. As a result, Donnelly contributes to managing a variety of team activities, and acts as a secondary coach.
In addition to his commitment to running, Donnelly dedicates his life to academics. Currently, Donnelly is an IB Diploma candidate, which keeps him extremely busy. Every day, Donnelly will wake up, go to school, attend Cross Country or Track practice, eat dinner, complete his homework, and if he is lucky, get a good night of sleep. Yet in between his hectic events, Donnelly always finds a way to have fun, socialize, and make friends. In fact, ensuring one equalizes school and social engagement is something he considers very important for students at CHS.
“Be nice to each other. Make academics a priority but make sure that you are also a balanced person,” Donnelly said. “Try to have at least two sides to your life, because when you get caught up in school it’s not healthy”.
Even after his exceeding accomplishments, Donnelly is still looking forward to senior year. He is excited for school dances, not having a first period, pick-up soccer, and, most of all, hanging out with friends. Afterwards, Donnelly hopes to attend a liberal arts college with his twin brother, and pursue either Environmental Science or Biology. However, with his exceptional personality, intelligence, and athletic accomplishments, there is no doubt Donnelly will find success in whatever path he takes.