The student news site of Claremont High School

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

The Wolfpacket

Travis Davis

Travis Davis, Reporter

Travis Davis is a senior at Claremont High School and it is his first year as a reporter in Wolfpacket.  Travis’ extracurricular activities include wrestling and volunteering at a food shelter in Covina. In his free time, Travis enjoys hanging out with friends, and losing at chess.  He also values his education greatly, and is committed to gaining priceless knowledge from his classes.

All content by Travis Davis

Go for Internships

Travis Davis, Reporter
May 11, 2018

Whether it be not having enough cash in their pocket, being forced by their parents, or simply wanting some outlet to be productive, many high school students...

CHS Students ‘Make Change’ With Writing

Travis Davis, Reporter
March 22, 2018

Students from across CUSD schools ranging from kindergarten to 12th grade had the opportunity to honor and express their very own thoughts on the victories...

Mejia: First Female in CHS History to Wrestle Her Way Up to CIF State

Travis Davis, Reporter
March 21, 2018

This past winter sports season has marked a rather positive change in pace for the CHS wrestling team. Not only did the team manage to end their 10 year...

The Truth of the Selfitis Disorder

The Truth of the Selfitis Disorder

Travis Davis, Reporter
March 1, 2018

It seems nowadays that many Instagram accounts are dominated by selfies. It is evident that some are attempting to take a selfie with every combination...

Wrestling Wins First Match in 10 Years

Wrestling Wins First Match in 10 Years

Travis Davis, Reporter
March 1, 2018

The CHS wrestling team had the most ideal senior night possible on Jan. 23 for they had finally ended a 10-year losing streak by defeating Diamond Bar...

Cone With A Cop Brings New Perspectives

Travis Davis, Reporter
February 28, 2018

Due to numerous cases of police brutality across the United States, the honor of the officer has been somewhat tarnished over the past few decades. Rather...

Petition for New Charter School Revoked

Travis Davis, Reporter
February 5, 2018

Ingenium Schools, an organization governing charter schools across L.A. County, had petitioned to open a school in Claremont, only to rescind that petition...

An AP Experience

Travis Davis, Reporter
January 19, 2018

As sophomore year was wrapping up, I was faced with an incredibly difficult decision. Staring down at my course request form, pen in hand, I had to choose...

Placebo Effect in Sports Products

Travis Davis, Reporter
January 12, 2018

Almost every person has seen an ad in which a product is presented as a guaranteed way to improve athletic performance. Often times, such merchandise is...

CHS Students Should Take First Semester Finals Before Winter Break

Travis Davis, Reporter
January 12, 2018

After spending months endlessly studying for tests and laboring away at homework, students look forward to relaxing during winter break. The holidays are...

The Real Reason Students Join Sports Teams in High School Con

Travis Davis, Reporter
January 8, 2018

For many students at CHS, participating in sports has become an experience to be dreaded when the last bell of the school day rings. Rather than being...

McGregor Shamrocks the Boxing World

Travis Davis, Reporter
September 26, 2017

Leading up to the long anticipated boxing match titled the “Money Fight” between UFC sensation Conor McGregor and long-time middleweight boxing champion...

Advanced Courses Beyond AP and IB Should Be Offered at CHS

Travis Davis, Reporter
September 25, 2017

Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) courses are commonly recognized as the highest-level classes that a CHS student can take or...

Load More Stories
Donate to The Wolfpacket
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal